Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Angelina Jolie has a double mastectomy to prevent breast cancer



Angelia Jolie

Angelina Jolie, hollywood actress, special envoy for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees is one brave woman, undergoing a double mastectomy and breast implant surgeries to prevent breast cancer.



Angelia now 37 is a carrier of the hereditary genes BRCA1 and BRCA2. These gene mutations are linked to breast and ovarian cancer. After her mother died 6 years ago with a long battle with breast cancer, Angelina decided to take preventative measures. After her initial surgery to remove the breast tissue, she then had breast augmentation surgery.

Angelina told The New York Times
"I wanted to write this to tell other women that the decision to have a mastectomy was not easy. But it is one I am very happy that I made," Jolie wrote. "My chances of developing breast cancer have dropped from 87 percent to under 5 percent. I can tell my children that they don’t need to fear they will lose me to breast cancer".
Angelina is an extraordinary woman who we all know and love and in her speaking out about her experience is an important subject to all women.

Prevention is better than cure!


Follow me on twitter @1angelniki
I follow back!
#1love


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Newwpthemes downloaded from amazetemplates.com