Tuesday, July 8, 2014

SIA Chandelier Plus SIA The Songwriter To The Stars

SIA  - Chandelier
Quirky Australian singer-songwriter Sia Furler 38, is not new to the global music machine. Her latest single titled "Chandelier" is Ranked #2 on the Take 40 Australia Countdown - Ranked #2 ARIA Top 40 Australian Charts - Ranked #3 itunes singles charts. SIA is the go to songwriter for pop's big names including David Guetta’s “Titanium” and Rihanna’s “Diamonds.”.

SIA the songwriter is a hit-maker for the likes of Rihanna, Beyoncé, Britney Spears, Katy Perry, Kylie Minogue Madonna, David Guetta, Christina Aguilera flo rider and more.
SIA does minimal press and refuses to be photographed, posing on the cover of Billboard with a paper bag over her head. 


"I don't care about commercial success," she says. "I get to do what I love and communicate whatever I want."
She is insistent on avoiding the fame and attention that nearly drove her to a drug overdose in 2010.

She does promotional performances for her new album, "1000 Forms of Fear", with her back to the audience while others dance in wigs styled after the singer’s signature haircut, a blonde bob with blunt bangs. Sia performed Chandelier on the Ellen Show with the amazing little girl dancer Maddie Ziegler as seen in the music video.





CHANDELIER
Party girls don’t get hurt
Can’t feel anything, when will I learn
I push it down, push it down
I’m the one “for a good time call”
Phone’s blowin’ up, they’re ringin’ my doorbell
I feel the love, feel the love
1,2,3 1,2,3 drink
1,2,3 1,2,3 drink
1,2,3 1,2,3 drink
Throw ‘em back, till I lose count
I’m gonna swing from the chandelier, from the chandelier
I’m gonna live like tomorrow doesn’t exist
Like it doesn’t exist
I’m gonna fly like a bird through the night, feel my tears as they dry
I’m gonna swing from the chandelier, from the chandelier
But I’m holding on for dear life, won’t look down won’t open my eyes
Keep my glass full until morning light, ‘cos I’m just holding on for tonight
Help me, I’m holding on for dear life, won’t look down won’t open my eyes
Keep my glass full until morning light, ‘cos I’m just holding on for tonight
On for tonight
Sun is up, I’m a mess
Gotta get out now, gotta run from this
Here comes the shame, here comes the shame
1,2,3 1,2,3 drink
1,2,3 1,2,3 drink
1,2,3 1,2,3 drink

When I heard SIA's song Chandelier for the first time, I couldn't believe her dynamic range in her vocals. This girl knows the world well. I was so fascinated to know more about SIA after seeing the music video, hence this article. 

All I see is art. Art and music go hand in hand. 

The Album titled "SIA - 1000 forms of fear" is available NOW for pre order on her site.  Can't wait for the CD to arrive in the mail ;)  



RELATED LINKS
SIA
http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop-shop/5770521/sia-the-billboard-cover-story
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/20/magazine/sia-furler-the-socially-phobic-pop-star.html?_r=0

Follow us on Twitter



Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Newwpthemes downloaded from amazetemplates.com