Saturday, April 4, 2015

My Child Has Autism - A Continuing True Story - Part 1


AUTISM SPECTRUM DISORDER (ASD)

The growing number of children diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) is an issue of concern both in Australia and overseas. ASD is a developmental disorder that emerges in early childhood characterized by impairments in social interaction, communication, and restricted and repetitive behavior and interests.



My Child Has Autism - A Continuing True Story - Part 1
By Nicole Stewart @1angelniki

As a mother of a child with ASD I can assure you, unless you live with someone like this you really have no idea what special needs really means. I have never spoken about this issue in public but this is what we all need to do. Talk about it with people who have hands on experience like myself.

The first time I ever thought my child has issues was the first day of kindy. I was waiting outside the classroom for my child, ready to hug him and congratulate him on his first day of school as a big boy. kids were coming out of the class room one by one and my heart sank when I didn't see my son. My heart was beating with anxiety as I ran up the steps to find my son and speak with the teacher. The teacher was a lovely woman who greeted me kindly, held my hands and said "It's ok dear, your son is waiting for you in the school office".

I was so worried, I ran to the office only to be greeted by the school principal. With my heart pounding till I could physically see it through my t shirt, she guided me into her office where my son was sitting. She closed the door behind me and I quickly knelt down, hugged my child and asked him if he was ok. He hugged me tightly around my neck and said "Mama, can we go home now?"

That was one of the worst days of my life!

If you would like me to continue this true story, I am more than happy to if enough people who read this blog would like to hear it.

Please follow me on twitter and tweet at me #niki @1angelniki and I will follow every one back.
If there is enough interest I will start writing the entire story.
It will take a while but it will be worth it to help others. ;)

#niki

World Autism Awareness Day is held on 2nd April.


#utopiaau #utopiamagazine #n1kiblog
www.n1ki.blogspot.com.au

We care about people with ASD!
Follow us on twitter @1angelniki

Utopia on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/utopiaau.utopiamagazine

Niki on Twitter

@1angelniki
https://twitter.com/1angelniki

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to know more about his story ;-)

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Newwpthemes downloaded from amazetemplates.com